Join us for this special event!
(Registration is CLOSED.)
Each year, our supporters typically gather somewhere locally to socialize and connect while raising funds to support the scholarship needs of our campers with autism during the Camps For Kids Matching Campaign. Because it's not ideal to do so this year, we are bringing the party to YOU with a Virtual Cocktail Crafting and Tasting!
Grab a small group of friends (or go solo!), good cheer, and cocktail glasses ready for tastings; then, throw your own satellite house gathering on Thursday, April 8th at 6:00pm!
Here's the scoop!
- During the virtual event, a specialist will lead an informative and enjoyable discussion on how to make two types of delicious mixed cocktails. Guests will gain an appreciation of Hornitos Tequila and Cruzan Rum for their distinctive features and strengths.
- Cocktail kits will include all of the specialty ingredients for two different beverages (one rum, one tequila), for a total of four drinks. The selected cocktails will include: Spicy Paloma and Classic Strawberry Daiquiri.
- You'll pick up your cocktail kit (or kits!) at Caffetteria in Prairie Village, then tune into the live stream on Thursday, April 8th at 6 pm. You'll also have an opportunity to ask your specialist about the art of cocktail making.
- Once your registration reaches us, we'll send details your way about where and when to pick up and pay for your cocktail kit(s). If ordering one* kit for the evening, expect to pay roughly $50 for four specialty beverages. A link to the live event will also be sent your way.
- Guests will be encouraged to donate the night of April 8th to support the scholarship needs of our campers with autism. A suggested donation for each guest is $15. All donations made will be matched through the Camps For Kids campaign (see below).
- In the meantime, decide if you're up for socially distancing with another couple or small group in your home or outside on your patio or deck (following all local health department and CDC guidelines, of course). If so, invite those friends and prepare to share in a special night of sampling cocktails. Alternately, plan for a night of solitude and peace. Encourage many others to tune in during the virtual event (as you'll be able to see them and interact virtually). No matter how you elect to join the fun, you'll be supporting our meaningful mission and bringing camp (and joy!) to the lives of children that really need it right now.
*More than one kit (of two different cocktails) can be purchased.
REGISTRATION is CLOSED. If you missed the event but would still like to contribute to support the cause, consider making a donation HERE. All donations will be routed through the Camps For Kids matching campaign (meaning your donation will be doubled and will go toward supporting the scholarship needs of local campers with autism!)!
We're grateful to Southern Glazers Wine & Spirit and Caffetteria for partnering with us to make this special opportunity possible.
Further, we truly appreciate all that Camps For Kids does to support local camps such as ours. Camps For Kids is a local nonprofit organization committed to assuring that no Kansas City youngster is denied the benefits of summer camp due to disability or low income. For details about the matching campaign, visit this webpage.
Should you have any questions, please contact Bekah Zitron, Events Coordinator at 816.830.7171 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.